- Chemical Name:L-Threonine
- CAS No.:72-19-5
- MF: C4H9NO3
- Purity: >99% or As customer requested
- Color: Yellow
- Solubility: H2O: 50 mg/mL
- Product Categories: Amino Acids; Biochemistry; Nutritional Supplements; L-Amino Acids; Amino Acids; APIs
- Test method: HPLC
What is L-threonine?
L-threonine is an optically active form of amino acid l-threonine having L-configuration. It has a role as a nutraceutical, a micronutrient, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolite, a plant metabolite, an Escherichia coli metabolite, a human metabolite, an algal metabolite and a mouse metabolite. It is an aspartate family amino acid, a proteinogenic amino acid, a amino acids threonine and a L-alpha-amino acid. It is a conjugate base of a L-threoninium. It is a conjugate acid of a L-threoninate. It is an enantiomer of a D-threonine. It is a tautomer of a L-threonine zwitterion.
|Synonyms:||L-2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYBUTANOIC ACID; L-2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYBUTYRIC ACID; L-THR; L(-)-THREONINE;L-THREONINE; H-L-THR-OH; H-THR-OH; H-THR-OH-THREONINE; Threonine|
|Product Categories:||Amino Acids; Biochemistry; Nutritional Supplements;L-Amino Acids; APIs|
|Melting point||256 °C (dec.) (lit.)|
|alpha||-28.4 º (c=6, H2O)|
|Boiling point||222.38°C (rough estimate)|
|density||1.3126 (rough estimate)|
|FEMA||4710 | L-THREONINE|
|refractive index||-28 ° (C=6, H2O)|
|solubility||H2O: 50 mg/mL|
|PH||5-6 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)|
|optical activity||[α]20/D 28.5±0.5°, c = 5% in H2O|
|Water Solubility||90 g/L (20 ºC)|
|Stability:||Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
Chemical Properties: White with thorhombic or crystalline powder. Odorless, taste sweet
1. Mainly used as nutritional supplements. When heated with glucose, it will easily produce burnt aroma and chocolate aroma, which has the effect of enhancing aroma. It can also be used for biochemical research.
2. As a feed nutrition enhancer, threonine is an essential amino acid. Amino acids threonine is often added to the feed of juvenile piglets and poultry. It is the second restricted amino acid in pig feed and the third restricted amino acid in poultry feed. It is added to feeds based on grains such as wheat and barley.
3. Nutritional additives, amino acid l-threonine is also used to prepare amino acid infusion and comprehensive amino acid preparations.
4. For the adjuvant treatment of peptic ulcer. It can also treat cardiovascular diseases such as anemia and angina pectoris, aortitis, and cardiac insufficiency.
What could we do?
a) Free sample can be supplied.
b) Guide our clients by professional knowledge and teach them how to use our product after sales.
c) Accept SGS,BV any other third-party inspection before loading.
d) High quality best price Guaranteed.
MSDS: MSDS available.
COA: COA can be available if you send us inquiry.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Packaging and Shipping