- Chemical Name: Testosterone
- CAS No.:58-22-0
- MF: C19H28O2
- Purity: ≥98% or according to customer requested
- Color: White crystalline powder
- Product Categories: Pharmaceutical raw materials;APIs;Hormones and the Endocrine System
- Test method: HPLC
What is Testosterone?
Therapeutic Testosterone is a synthetic form of the endogenous androgenic steroid testosterone. In vivo, testosterone is irreversibly converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in target tissues by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. Testosterone or DHT ligand-androgen receptor complexes act as transcription factor complexes, stimulating the expression of various responsive genes. DHT binds with higher affinity to androgen receptors than testosterone, activating gene expression more efficiently. In addition, testosterone is irreversibly converted to estradiol by the enzyme complex aromatase, particularly in the liver and adipose tissue. Testosterone and DHT promote the development and maintenance of male sex characteristics related to the internal and external genitalia, skeletal muscle, and hair follicles; estradiol promotes epiphyseal maturation and bone mineralization. Due to rapid metabolism by the liver, therapeutic testosterone is generally administered as an ester derivative.
|Product Categories:||Pharmaceutical raw materials;APIs;Hormones and the Endocrine System|
|Melting point||152-156 °C|
|Boiling point||370.65°C (rough estimate)|
|alpha||101 º (c=1, dioxane 25 ºC)|
|density||1.0484 (rough estimate)|
|refractive index||1.4709 (estimate)|
|solubility||45% (w/v) aq 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin: soluble18.2 mg/ml|
|Water Solubility||22.79mg/L(20 ºC)|
|Stability:||Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
1. Affect the sexual differentiation of the fetus
In the process of embryonic development, testosterone plays a very important role in the formation of male reproductive organs. Testosterone promotes the formation of the penis and scrotum, induces the development of the epididymis and vas deferens, and now also makes the brain form a male structure.
2. Promote the development of male reproductive organs during puberty
During puberty, the development of testicles, penis, scrotum, and prostate all depend on testosterone. If testosterone is lacking at this stage, it will affect the normal development of reproductive organs.
3. Promote sperm production and maturity
Testosterone acts on the seminiferous epithelium of the testis to promote sperm production, and the low testosterone level causes spermatogenesis disorders. After entering the epididymis, the sperm gradually matures under the action of the epididymal fluid. If the testosterone level is low, the secretion of epididymal fluid is reduced, and the sperm lacks nutrition, which will affect the maturity of sperm.
4. Promote and maintain male secondary sexual characteristics
Under the action of testosterone, adolescent men develop secondary sexual characteristics. Such as bone development, muscle development, rough skin, enlarged larynx, low voice, beard, pubic hair, armpit hair, etc.
5. Stimulate the secretion of the prostate and seminal vesicles, increase the amount of semen and provide nutrition for the movement of sperm.
6. Promote protein synthesis, inhibit protein breakdown, make muscles developed, strong and powerful.
7. promote the production of menstrual cells.
8. Promote bone growth.
9. Enhance immune function, promote comprehensive immunoglobulin, and enhance the body’s ability to resist diseases.
10. Promote and maintain male sexual function. Generally speaking, the higher the testosterone content, the more active the sexual activity. If the testosterone level drops, there will be developmental delays in male sexual characteristics, decreased libido and sexual dysfunction.
Technical Support & Resources
Information provided in the product description is from published literature. Due to the nature of scientific experimentation, your results (e.g., selectivity and effective concentrations) or specific application for this product may differ. If you have questions about how this product fits your application, please contact our technical support staff.
MSDS: MSDS available.
COA: COA can be available if you send us inquiry.
Email us at: email@example.com for more details.
Packaging and Shipping